I’m talking with a bunch of folks from newspaper newsrooms in San Antonio and Houston early next week about blogs and changing newsrooms. One of the things they want, of course, is examples of the best of breed. Please give me a list of who you think is using blogs well to expand news coverage and in newsrooms and who’s using the internet well to change how news is gathered and distributed. My opening bids:
– Business Week’s Blogspotting.net: The guys who get it.
– Baristanet.com: Hyperlocal made real.
– Dwight Silverman’s Tech Blog: In the conversation.
– The Guardian’s newsblog: Wisely used for breaking news.
– Northwest Voice: Hyperlocal made real.
– PaidContent.org and GigaOm: great media reporting.
– NashvilleIsTalking.com: Gathering the voices of the community.
– Anything Holovaty touches.
– Online News Squared and LostRemote.com: Inside baseball
– Make Blog gathers neat ideas.
– TechCrunch: tackles a “beat” (new companies) well.
What else, please?
by Jeff Jarvis