So Google starts a page creator. Haven’t we been there, done that?
I might be more interested if they had:
* Tied this with Blogger to create freeform blogs.
* Tied this with Google Base to let people create structured data.
* Tied this with RSS to create feeds.
* Tied this with Google Video and podcasts to create homes for many media.
* Tied this with Google Mobile to enable me to create any of the above for my phone, or yours.
* Tied this with Google Groups to allow creation of collaborative content.
And so on, and so on….
The power of Google is not in creating a bunch of separate things but in making connections. But not unlike other big media companies, they now seem to be finding it difficult to spell synergy. [via Squared and Scripting]