: Adam Penenberg has a good media wishlist for 2005.
1. Google News should become a for-profit enterprise.
2. Bloggers should break news. (He’s nice enough to cite my FCC FOIA scoop; as I’ve told anyone who’ll listen, what really excites me about this — besides defending the First Amendment — is proving that anybody can break news; the tools are in citizens’ hands.)
3. Dismantle the FCC. (Amen! Bravo! Yeah!)
4. The end of Nielsen and comScore
5. Media should reassert its role as government watchdog
Read it all.
: Glenn Reynolds says wish No. 2 is already granted.