* Baristanet: a successful hyperlocal blog
* Outside.in: postal-code-based blogging organization
* Jersey Voices: CiF for the Sopranos set; how about the CiF of Manchester?
* The Issue: curated blogs
* Video pancakes: Video blogging
* Glam: Curated content-and-ad network
* The NY Times Bits blog: A new voice for the Grey Lady (nothing new to Guardian folks)
* Freakonomics: Subsumed into NYTimes.com; the right model?
* Twitter: following; mobile & web
* Twitcrit: group criticism
* Ana Marie Cox on Twitter: perfect for snarks, bon mots, and campaigns
* Pownce: publish to friends and subsets of friends
* Tumblr: the good bits; aggregated personal feeds
* Clearspring: Widget distribution
* Adify: Blog ad networks
* Gawker: Nick Denton pays on traffic; controversy ensues.
* Jezebel: Gawker goes after women
* Journalists with blogs: Neil McIntosh started it
* Editors’ blogs: John Robinson of the News & Record
* FlickrFan: Dave Winer’s river of photos; think feeds
* Prezvid: Curation and comment on campaign videos; syndicated at Washington Post