– NY Post calls Congress “Wimps.” On the one hand, I can sympathize with these “wimps,” turning into one myself. On the other hand, the symbolism of shutting down the Capitol is too virulent today; they should have decided to hold committee meetings in local hotels or TGIFridays; they should have said they were keeping moving with business as usual in spite of the fright. They should have asked themselves: “What would Rudy do?”
– Bin Laden’s mom. His dad. His shrink.
– Geologist reads the rocks behind bin Laden in his video; says he knows where the culprit is.
– Dan Rather as Churchill… From the CNN caption: “Anchor Dan Rather says ‘our biggest problem is not anthrax,’ but fear.”
– NY Times joins the Post (and me and half the country) complaining about the government’s uncoordinated response to anthrax. The LA Times jumps on the pile.
– Three Mile Island receives “credible threat.”
– Putin is said to tell Russians not to come to the U.S. because of terrorist attacks; Gorbachev cancels speaking tour.
– One down: Report says one bin Laden crony killed.
– Times of London big graphic on anthrax.
– Who’s Who of terrorist groups around the world from the Independent.