My wife won’t let me sigh and garg when ABC News enters into its jingoistic, xenophobic “Made in America” fits — the latest about Olympic uniforms or American flags that happen to be made elsewhere in the world, elsewhere in our clearly globalized economy. So I’ll take it out on you.
I want a “Made in America” audit of ABC News. This is a serious request. ABC News, please tell us:
* Where are your studio and field cameras made? In America?
* Where are your monitors made? In America?
* Where are Diane Sawyer’s outfits made? Where are her shoes made? Where is her makeup made? In America?
* Where are other on-air reporters’ wardrobes made? In America?
* Where is your other technology made: computers, phones, and so on? In America?
* Where is your paper made for your printers? In America (or Canada)?
* Where are your lights made? In America?
* Where are the vehicles in your fleet made? In America?
Please feel free to respond in a comment here. Or I’m happy to come into the studios and look at labels.