To evade the long arm of the FEC, Bill Hobbs is, as you probably know, closing his blog and opening instead an online magazine. I congratulated him in is comments with these observations:
Well, as a magazine publisher, you now get:
– A table at Michael’s.
– An expense account.
– A clothing allowance.
– A car service.
– An assistant who will go get you Starbucks coffee whenever you ring your bell.
– A minimally but expensively designed office with a view.
– A large ego.
– A reputation not as big as your ego thinks it is.
– The opportunity to go to too damned many conferences in Florida.
– A new hostility to those things called blogs.