To evade the long arm of the FEC, Bill Hobbs is, as you probably know, closing his blog and opening instead an online magazine. I congratulated him in is comments with these observations:
Well, as a magazine publisher, you now get:
- A table at Michael’s.
- An expense account.
- A clothing allowance.
- A car service.
- An assistant who will go get you Starbucks coffee whenever you ring your bell.
- A minimally but expensively designed office with a view.
- A large ego.
- A reputation not as big as your ego thinks it is.
- The opportunity to go to too damned many conferences in Florida.
- A new hostility to those things called blogs.