Just when you thought it was safe to go into the water again
: Boy, synchronized swimmers scare me.
Is Botox a banned substance?
They are scary. They do it deliberately, to give us nightmares.
it should be banned. I was watching it (in passing) the other night (don’t tell anyone) and I found it to be one of the freakiest things I’d seen on television for a long time.
It was like robotic, swimming, days of our lives actors – with a kind of lesbian fetish thrown in for good measure.
Quite a disturbing experience for this blogger.
Oh, No coverage of the high level Pentagon spy for Israel yet? Not that “important”, right?
I’m not a big fan of the sport, but I’ve been nearby during many a practice. Some thoughts:
1. They are amazing athletes, pure and simple.
2. They don’t developing that hulking Helga look…many syncho athletes are smoking hot, without the linebacker frame.
3. Yes, the hair and makeup thing is positively spooky.
I’m not a newsroom. I sleep, you know.
Jeff: In keeping with Faramin’s comment, I have not noticed any blogging on the following topics in the last 24 hours:
(1) The killer whale currently damaging boats in British Columbia;
(2) Harvey Birdman, Attorney-At-Law;
(3) The accusation that female Chechnyian separatists downed those two Russian planes;
(4) How Diet Dr. Pepper tastes just like regular Dr. Pepper;
(5) The 9-11 toys found in bags of candy;
(6) Jennifer Lopez’s marriage to Marc Anthony;
(7) The plane just hijacked from Libya to Sudan;
(8) Airline food: what’s up with that?
(9) The plan to blow up the Herald Square subway station;
(10) Home plumbing and shower installation;
(11) The doctors growing a new jaw in a man’s back;
(12) The complete history of the Easy-Bake Oven;
(13) The 15 Yemenis convicted on terrorism charges; and
(14) Those Burger King ads that look like a diet commercial.
Get to it! Chop chop! What’s the holdup? Are you covering something up? After all, we pay your salary and we expect blogging on the topics we choose!
Synchronized diving is no great aesthetic experience either. And rhythmic gymnastics isn’t far behind.
It all makes me nostalgic for the purity of that 1936 Berlin Olympics footage, with Jesse Owens confounding Der Fuhrer.
Buy my new book and get clickable footnotes and links.
Buy my new Kindle Single on Amazon.
Now out in paperback!