It’s not a campaign, it’s a spa
: Arianna Huffington presents her handy seven rules of campaigning:
- Absolutely no alcohol. Not even a sip of wine from somebody else’s glass.
- No carbs. Although I must admit I broke down on the airplane and had a bag of pretzels. But it was a really tiny bag.
- Absolutely no high heels.
- Drink lots and lots and lots of water. And when you think you’ve drunk enough, drink another bottle
4a. Make sure you have a well-trained advance person who always knows where the closest bathroom is.
- Keep plenty of blotting tissue handy for dealing with shiny patches in-between interviews. Especially if, like me, you have Greek olive oily skin – it’s great for wrinkles, but bad for TV.
- An ample supply of caf